WE RUN THIS COURSE EVERY WEEKEND AT OUR WATERFORD CLASSROOM. CHECK CLASS CALENDAR FOR NORTH HAVEN. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED! SIMPLY ARRIVE AT EITHER LOCATION AT 9am ON SATURDAY AND BRING SOME FORM OF ID AND $125 (if paying by cash) or $150 by credit card.
The hours are as follows:
9am-1pm ALL AGES
9am-1pm 18yrs and older
11am-3pm 16+17 year olds PARENT MUST ATTEND 1pm-3pm with their teen on Sunday
The goals of the 8 Hour Drug/Alcohol Safe Driving Program offered at Rae’s Driving School include:
- To educate drivers about the physiological and psychological effects that alcohol have on drivers, by defining imperative words like BAC, demonstrating how alcohol travels through the body and how to determine if someone is impaired.
- To provide documentaries and films that give the students a perspective on the negative consequences that not only victims, but also drunk drivers have to live with for the rest of their lives.
- To equip each student with a personal plan for safe driving and promote
the many methods for prevention.
- To provide an environment conducive to driving instruction in which each person feels comfortable and respected.
- To provide parents of teens education on the new graduated license laws and the danger of teen driving and assist parents/guardians to coach and mentor their teens into safe driving.
The 8 Hour Drug/Alcohol Safe Driving Program is included in the Full-Course Package and is also available as an individual program.
- The Enrollment Fee is $150
PAY ONLINE or you can pay $125 CASH on the day of class
- Pre-registration is NOT REQUIRED
SIMPLY SHOW UP WITH AN ID AND PAYMENT TO START!
- Call or email us with any additional questions
GROUP DISCOUNTS FOR 5 or MORE PEOPLE
THE LARGER THE GROUP,
THE LARGER THE DISCOUNT,
UP TO 40 PEOPLE!
8 Hour Drug/Alcohol Safe Driving Program class dates:
THIS CLASS IS OFFERED EVERY WEEKEND!
Please call or email Rae’s Driving School with any questions!
New Mandatory 18 & Over Classes
First-Time Drivers Seeking License Requirement
People over 18 years-old seeking a Driver’s License in Connecticut for the first time will be required to take an 8 Hour Drug/Alcohol Safe Driving Program course at a driving school.
Drivers under 18-years-old have been required to take this course for the past 25+ years. It covers a number of issues including the operation of the motor vehicle as well as the effects of driving while using drugs or alcohol.
- By state law, the fee for the course is $150 and the course is offered at driving schools throughout the state (PAY ONLINE or you can pay $125 CASH on the day of class)
- Those over 18 years-old with an out-of-state license are exempt from this requirement
See the official Connecticut DMV website for more information.